Taproot Therapy's Consultation Group supports therapists newer to private practice. This group will focus on therapists who are newer to private practice. If you are just starting out in private practice, or have been in private practice for a few years, this group will explore both the nuts and bolts of navigating a private practice, as well as provide consultation and supervision on cases. It will be a space for therapists to also provide support to one another as they are navigating private practice.
Wednesdays 11:30am - 1pm
This group is right for you if:
- You are new in private practice (up to 5 years!)
- You have been running a private practice for a few years, but you are still navigating the nuts and bolts of running a business
- You are seeking support from peers and a consultant for cases as well as running a business
- BONUS: You need hours towards licensure! (Although, you can be fully licensed as well!)
During our time, we will discuss:
- Setting fees
- How to market your practice
- Navigating boundaries
- Building support systems and referral sources
- Case consultation
- Honing in on your niche
- Finding balance
- Understanding countertransference
- Navigating your practice during COVID, or other uncertain times
And much more!
This group is valid towards supervision hours for social work and mental health counseling licensure in NYS.
Why is Group Consultation Important?
Group consultation and supervision is integral to our practices! Here’s how it can help you:
- Oftentimes, private practice can feel isolating. It is important to keep building connection with other professionals for support, referrals, and consultation.
- As clinicians, we are taught in our graduate programs to be CEOs! Thus, when we start private practice, we have to make many decisions about running a business. Having consultation around the nuts of bolts of building a business is integral to our success, both as clinicians and as business owners.
- Supervision is a form of self-care! Multiple research studies have shown the impact that supervision and consultation on self-care, improving our professional boundaries, and finding a sustainable work-life balance.
- You receive feedback from multiple people, while also building a referral network. Moreover, you learn how to supervise other clinicians.
If you are interested in the group, please email me at: